Quantum provides AAM designers and avionics system integrators with a comprehensive suite of certified hardware, software, IP, and A.I.-enabled capabilities to easily create and customize functions to support their unique aircraft controls, propulsion, and systems.
MELBOURN, FL – June 08, 2023—Avidyne Corporation, a leading provider of integrated avionics systems, aircraft displays, and safety systems announced today their Quantum Open Avionics Platform, an innovative new concept in avionics. Quantum enables aircraft designers and system integrators to greatly accelerate the development of advanced avionics systems that meet the unique requirements of their aircraft and missions. The Quantum platform includes a full suite of customizable avionics hardware, software, AI processors, licensable IP, a development environment, and engineering services. Quantum positions Avidyne as the partner of choice for aircraft developers and systems integrators developing the next generation of alternative energy, distributed propulsion, and highly automated aircraft.
“Developing these innovative new technologies and their associated certification basis requires avionics solutions that enable customization, rapid prototyping, and iterative experimental flight testing, and Quantum leverages Avidyne’s broad portfolio of products and IP coupled with our nearly thirty years of engineering and certification experience to bring to market a certifiable avionics platform explicitly designed to address these requirements,” said Avidyne President Dan Schwinn. “The Quantum solution is the direct result of our experience with multiple SVO, remote operation, autonomy, and eVTOL developers, as well as our own experience integrating new systems into existing platforms.”
“The emerging ecosystem of next generation aircraft developers & integrators have unique requirements with respect to their avionics system architectures and their make versus buy strategies,” said Ed Paulsen, Avidyne’s Senior Vice President of Business Development. “Quantum’s open architecture and Avidyne’s unique business model provide our customers with an unprecedented level of flexibility in determining the best mix of off the shelf products, customized products, licensed IP, Avidyne engineering support, and internal customer developed functions. Quantum’s partitioned compute architecture, rich set of software & hardware interfaces, and certified IP libraries provide customers with an avionics platform that can be highly optimized and very cost effective for their aircraft and missions.”
A configuration of the Quantum avionics solution will be on display at the upcoming Paris Air Show on June 19-23, 2023 at Le Bourget Airport in France.
About Quantum (quantum.avidyne.com)
The Quantum Open Avionics Platform consists of:
- Broad portfolio of certified small, lightweight, and low power compute, display, navigation, sensors, communication, autopilot, surveillance, audio, and AI system components
- Comprehensive suite of customizable or licensable TSO’d software functions including primary flight display, synthetic vision, maps/charts, flight management system, weather, traffic, TAWS/HTAWS, propulsion/energy, aircraft systems, CAS, and checklists.
- Certifiable AI based processing and sensor platform that supports surveillance, navigation, taxi, and normal/emergency landing guidance.
- Partitioned multi-core display & vehicle management compute platform running Avidyne’s ARINC653 hypervisor or third-party operating systems.
- Customizable primary & multifunction multi-touch high resolution display sizes and bezel configurations.
- Networked avionics architecture designed for operation over wired and wireless WiFi, BT, LTE, and SatCom data links.
- Ground stations solutions based on certified avionics products and a robust networked architecture designed to function over variable latency & bandwidth data links.
- Engineering services to support avionics hardware/software customization, integration, ground/flight test, and certification.
A Quantum Starter Kit is available for developers and systems integrators. The Quantum Starter Kit includes a complete VFR or IFR avionics configuration, standard electrical interfaces for aircraft specific systems, and a software development environment that enables the developers & systems integrators to rapidly protype and test aircraft specific software on the Quantum displays and vehicle/flight control computer systems. The Starter Kits are available with multiple Avidyne engineering support options.
About Avidyne Corporation (www.avidyne.com)
Avidyne’s continuing leadership in innovation and product design gives pilots and their passengers a simply smarter way to fly. In addition to avionics solutions for the Advanced Air Mobility market, the company offers a full line of avionics systems for corporate, military, and owner-flown piston- and turbine-powered fixed-wing and rotor-wing aircraft. Headquartered in Melbourne, FL, the company has additional facilities in Westerville, OH, and Concord, MA.
For more information, contact:
Sr. Director, Marketing
SVP, Business Development