Reduced pilot workload improves flight safety. With Avidyne autopilot solutions, you’ll have both at a price that will leave you smiling.
REDUCE YOUR WORKLOAD. SAFELY.
Avidyne’s DFC 90 Autopilot is a precision, attitude-based flight control system featuring all the standard vertical and lateral modes of operation of a turbine-class autopilot system, including Flight Director (FD), Altitude Hold (ALT), Airspeed Hold (IAS), Vertical Speed Hold (VS), Heading (HDG), and Navigation (NAV, APPR, LOC/GS, GPSS).
The DFC 90 also features unique functions engineered to prevent common GA autopilot issues like stalls, over speeds, or exceeding the flight parameter envelope – all at a price significantly less than competitive units that offer less functionality.
- Includes the standard vertical and lateral modes of operation of a turbine-class autopilot system, including Flight Director (FD), Altitude Hold (ALT), Airspeed Hold (IAS), Vertical Speed Hold (VS), Heading (HDG), and Navigation (NAV, APPR, LOC/GS, GPSS).
- EP® – Avidyne’s Envelope Protection – Provides visual and aural warnings to the pilot and prevents autopilot-induced stalls and over speeds when the autopilot is engaged (this has been a major contributing factor in autopilot-caused GA accidents).
- “STRAIGHT & LEVEL” BUTTON – Overrides all autopilot modes and levels the aircraft in both pitch and roll recovering the aircraft from unusual attitudes The S&L button provides added peace of mind—especially for a non-pilot in the right seat (i.e. Cirrus Parachute).
- ENHANCED FLIGHT DIRECTOR – The capability of the DFC90 is vastly improved and significantly improves the ability to hand-fly approaches.
- ATTITUDE-BASED – Greatly improves stability when tracking an ILS to minimums in windy conditions.
- EA® – Avidyne’s Envelope Alerting provides visual and aural warnings to the pilot when the aircraft is nearing its normal flight parameters, even when the autopilot is off.
- INDICATED AIRSPEED HOLD (IAS) – Provides constant speed flight level changes plus the new vertical mode includes a dedicated airspeed knob and a new airspeed bug on the PFD.
- SYNCHRONIZED HEADING BUG – With the DFC90, turns are commanded with the motion of the heading knob. For example, the autopilot will execute a right-hand 270-degree turn if you rotate the heading knob right, 270 degrees.